Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 can sometimes lead to encountering bugs. One common issue is your multiplayer loadout being randomly replaced when you start a game. Fortunately, there are a couple of simple fixes to this problem.
Steps to Fix the Multiplayer Loadout Bug
Remove Cold Blooded Perk:
- This bug often occurs due to an issue with the Cold Blooded perk. If you're using this perk, try removing it from your loadout.
- While it might be disappointing to not use a favorite perk, this step has been effective in resolving the loadout issue. The good news is that the developers are aware and might fix it soon.
Adjust Settings in Zombies Mode:
- Another possible solution involves the Zombies mode. Some players have found success by turning off the free loadout option in the Zombies lobby.
- Alternatively, you can try entering and then leaving a Zombies lobby. This action has helped some players reset their multiplayer loadouts to function correctly.
Recreate Custom Loadouts:
- Go to Create-A-Class in MW3.
- Delete the affected class by pressing Y.
- Create a new loadout from scratch and save it.
Clear Game Cache:
- For PC: Close the game and Steam, delete the "appcache" folder in Steam's installation folder, then restart Steam.
- For PlayStation: Turn off the console, unplug it for 30 seconds, then restart.
- For Xbox: Go to Settings > System > Storage, clear the system cache, and restart.
Remove Ghost Gloves (Xbox-specific):
- In 'Create-A-Class,' remove the Ghost gloves from your character's outfit.
Remove 'Hijacked IFF Strobe' Gear:
- In the class setup, remove the 'Hijacked IFF Strobe' gear.
Copy and Replace Loadouts:
- In 'Create-A-Class,' use the copy and replace option to duplicate a loadout over an empty class.
Check for Game Updates:
- Regularly update the game to the latest version.
Contact Customer Support:
- If all else fails, reach out to the Modern Warfare 3 support team for help.
These steps provide a variety of ways to address the multiplayer loadout bugs in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Whether it's a quick perk change or a more technical solution, one of these methods should help you restore your custom loadouts and get back to the game with your preferred gear. Remember, keeping your game updated and reaching out for support can also be crucial in resolving ongoing issues.
You can check our How to Fix Packet Burst guide here.