If you're playing Super Mario RPG, you know that finding all the hidden treasure chests is both fun and rewarding. These chests are tucked away in different parts of the game's world and they're full of useful items that can really help you on your adventure. From the Mushroom Kingdom to the distant lands of Nimbus, each area has its own set of hidden chests waiting to be discovered. In this guide, we'll take you through each location, describing in simple terms where to find these chests and what treasures they hold.
Every Hidden Treasure Chest Location:
- Mushroom Kingdom Hidden Treasures
- Rose Town Hidden Treasures
- Forest Maze Hidden Treasures
- Pipe Vault Hidden Treasures
- Yo'Ster Isle Hidden Treasures
- Booster Pass Hidden Treasures
- Booster Tower Hidden Treasures
- Marrymore Hotel Hidden Treasures
- Sunken Ship Hidden Treasures
- Land's End Hidden Treasures
- Monstro Town Hidden Treasures
- Bean Valley Hidden Treasures
- Nimbus Land Hidden Treasures
- Weapon World Hidden Treasures
- Inside the castle's main entrance. Jump on Toad and reach a platform above the far door for a Frog Coin.
- In the Item Shop basement. Talk to the old Toad, follow his gaze to the clock, and jump as instructed for a Flower and Signal Ring.
- Near the stairs in the same room as Chest 2. Jump on the old Toad when he's by the stairs' corner, then jump up for another Flower.
Bandit's Way Treasure
- In the second area, off a red flower to a purple one on the right. Jump right for Croaka Cola.
- In the far north house, second floor. Jump on the bed in the left corner for a Frog Coin.
- In the Item Shop, east side. Jump on shelves and cabinets in the top left for another Frog Coin.
- Near the main entrance, upper left corner. Jump for Croaka Cola.
- After the first underground tunnel, top left from the hollow stump. Jump for a Frog Coin.
- In a clearing with seven stumps, closest on the top row. Jump in the lower left cave section for a Flower.
- Same clearing, middle stump bottom row. Empty chest in the north left cave area.
- Farthest stump between rows. Behind a sleeping Wiggler in the northeast cave for Croaka Cola.
- Near the boss arena after Lost Woods Maze. Jump in a small alcove south of the Save Point for Red Essence.
Chest 13 & 14
- In the warp pipe room. Take the first pipe to a corridor with a raised platform. Jump for hidden blocks and then for Frog Coins on the high platform.
- Near the Save Point at the entrance. Jump to the upper left of the box for a Frog Coin.
- Top northwest plateau, jump on an artichoke-like bush for a Flower.
- Right side rocky platforms, north corner before the exit. Jump for Rocky Candy.
- In the stairway room past the main lobby. Go up the stairs, dodging Snifits, and jump in the north corner on a dark tile for a Frog Coin.
- In the room with platforming blocks and Snifits. On the walkway, find a sunken alcove in the upper right corner, jump there for a Frog Coin.
- At the top floor, in the room with the last Save Point. Below the lowest yellow block, jump from the lowest floor tile to find a Mushroom.
- Same room as Chest 20. Cross to the right, jump across yellow blocks along the back wall, jump on top of a chest, then upwards for a Goodie Bag.
- In the three-story Inn, second floor. Enter the regular room, jump on the bookshelves in the top left corner, and then upwards from the highest shelf for a Frog Coin.
- In a room with a copy of Mario. Center of the room, jump to reveal a block, use it to reach the chest with Kerokero Cola by jumping off the Copy Mario's head.
- First area, use the cannon to reach a floating yellow platform. Jump at its highest point for a Red Essence.
- Second major area, next to a northwest hole. Reveal a yellow platform, use the cannon, jump on the far west side of the platform for Kerokero Cola.
- Fourth greenery area. Between purple flowers in the southeast, jump for a Frog Coin.
- Under the Sky Bridge minigame, enter a cave towards Kero Sewers. In the top corner alcoves, jump in the northernmost for a Frog Coin.
- In Belome's Temple, past a gate after fortune telling. Jump on the left visible chest, then upwards for a Frog Coin.
- Same area in Belome's Temple, past the gate. Downstairs from the first hidden chest, move right, jump in the small alcove for another Frog Coin.
- Right door leading to the region's exit. Past a bush, jump to reveal a chest with a Frog Coin.
- First area, enter the right path warp pipe. Jump near the hills in the west part of the next spot for a Frog Coin.
- Large area with Piranha Plants. Wait for the lower right plant to be watered, defeat it, enter the pipe to an underground room. Jump in the upper left side of the hall for Red Essence.
- Same large area. Wait for the middle left plant, defeat it, enter the pipe to a large room. In the alcove below yellow blocks, jump against the right wall for Croaka Cola.
- In Nimbus Land shop. Jump up the boxes behind the shopkeeper, then downwards from the top for a Frog Coin.
- Nimbus Castle, northwestern door in the long hallway. Defeat the Jawful downstairs, jump where it was for a Frog Coin.
- Same area, Nimbus Castle. Walk southwest from where the Jawful was, find a gap off the map, jump against an invisible wall for a Frog Coin.
- Nimbus Castle, after defeating Birdo Boss. Unlock the next area door, jump on a chest over the lower area, then upwards for a Frog Coin.
- Nimbus Castle, post Valentina defeat. In the long hallway with three doors, where a chest was floating, jump up in the northern corner for a Frog Coin.
- After defeating Exor, in Weapon World Gate. Near a Save Point, jump left of the box for the final chest with a Mushroom.
And that's a wrap on our journey through Super Mario RPG, discovering every hidden treasure chest! We hope this guide has been helpful in guiding you to all the secret spots where these chests are hidden. Remember, each chest you find brings you valuable items that can make your adventure easier and more exciting. Happy exploring and best of luck in your Super Mario RPG adventure!